One way to secure a file in Windows is to make a copy of the file . Not infrequently, we do this copy more than once on our operating system. This activity is fairly normal, because it includes the data backup step . Some of us even put a copy of the file on a folder or even a disk different from the location of the original file . If the original file has been used and we don’t need it anymore, of course the we will immediately delete it. However, what do we do with the files we’ve copied?
We tend to just ignore them. Likewise, when we download files many times on the same link . Generally, the second file will name itself with the addition – Copy. Indeed this is not a big problem. However, if we do it often, then of course it will accumulate unnecessary data. Plus the data is no longer needed. Of course the thing we have to do is delete it.
However, the question arises, what happens if the copy of the file is too much and we have forgotten to put it on which folder or disk ? The easy way is to download the Duplicates Cleaner application.
As the name implies, duplicate cleaner, is a Windows program that is intended to find duplicate files and folders to be deleted later. All types of files can be scanned and deleted, including looking for image files with similar images even after editing . This application itself can be on Windows versions 10, 8, 7 and even Vista, if you still have a device with Windows Vista.
This application is free to use for 15 days. To use the Pro version , of course you are required to pay. The difference will be felt in the sorting application looking for files.
1. Download and install Duplicate Cleaner as usual. Click https://www.duplicatecleaner.com/
2. This is what the Duplicate Cleaner welcome looks like . Because we don’t have a License Key , we just use the Trial version .
3. In the main part of the application, switch to the Search Criteria menu . Here the author will use the search in regular mode. For the More duplicates options section, the author chooses a billion file names for the sorting technique . You can use another if you want.
4. For the type of extension of the file that the writer is looking for is the extension with the document type. Select on the Select button in the filter file section .
5. After filtering is complete, do a scan immediately by pressing the Start scan button . Then select the disk you want. Suppose the writer selects Disk D and E. Select Start Scan.
6. Wait a few moments until the scan is complete. As a result, the application will display duplicate files according to the sorting type that we have previously set .
7. To be able to delete a file, check the file . For example, the author wants to delete a file with module 8 in the DEBIAN MODULE folder , because the contents are the same as the file with the same name, namely Module 8 in the Word File folder.
9. After that, select the file removal feature , then select delete files. The delete process was successful.
The app at a glance offers the same thing as the search method featured in Windows Explorer. But keep in mind, the application displays the file being searched for with various types of data display fields. Plus the search process makes it easier for us with extension choices and a fast process. We don’t need to remember the file name and extension that was duplicated first.