When you want to send a direct message on Instagram, usually you will use a smartphone or an application because basically Instagram is a social media that is targeting smartphone users .
But that was before. Now, Instagram has supported sending messages directly via the web. So users who want to send direct messages (DM) to others do not need to bother anymore to use their smartphones if they are in front of a PC or laptop.
For those of you who are actively using Instagram, both on smartphones and desktops, then you should know how to send direct messages through the Instagram web. Already know how? If not, please see the tutorial below.
1. Please open the Instagram site, then log in using your account.
2. If you are logged in, please click on the DM icon located on the right side of the homepage.
3. Click send message .
4. Select the username you want to send the direct message to .
5. If the username you want to send the direct message to is already selected, please click next .
6. Write your message, and if so, please click send .
With the direct message feature on the Instagram web, users will not only be facilitated in sending messages, but users’ security will also be guaranteed because they no longer need to rely on third-party applications when they want to use direct messages on the Instagram web.
Instagram first tested the direct message feature on the web in February 2019, then launched it to selected users in January 2020. And now, the direct message feature has been launched globally.
Similarly, a tutorial on how to send direct messages on the Instagram web. May be useful.