Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chat
Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chat – Maybe you use the WhatsApp application to communicate at work, school, or college, which makes you sometimes feel that WhatsApp chat is something important. For example, contains a matter of assignments, the results of meetings, or other things.
Therefore this time naminakiky.com will discuss about How to Restore Deleted Whatsapp Chat, which aims to help you find back notes or something important on WhatsApp chat.
WhatsApp Backup and Restore Chat
Unlike the Blackberry Messenger which will only store backup chat if it is activated, WhatsApp automatically (defaults on) makes backups every day at 04.00 am and stores it in the WhatsApp folder in the internal memory or your Android cellphone microSD card. In other words, without even making a backup, you already have a WhatsApp chat backup.
The Latest way to Backup and Restore chat on WhatsApp
In order to get back the latest chat history, your friend on the WhatsApp application does not require special steps.
To restore the latest backup, you only need to delete and reinstall WhatsApp. During the installation process, you will be asked to restore the message history. Select Restore to restore deleted chats.
In addition to reinstalling, you can actually delete the WhatsApp application data and then log in again. How, Enter Settings >> select Applications >> select WhatsApp >> clear cache >> delete data. Then log back in using your phone number, just like you first installed WhatsApp.
Then if you ask, “Why after reinstalling and logging back in are not asked to restore / restore chat”? There is no definitive answer about this, but as explained on the official WhatsApp website, it could be because of the following:
- The SD card and / or chat history file is damaged.
- File Backup is too old (WhatsApp cannot restore backups that are too old).
- Buddy uses a phone number or microSD that is different from the number or microSD that is used to back up chat history.
Note : If you experience one of these situations, WhatsApp won’t be able to recover the messages.
How to restore older (not the most recent) backups
Besides restoring the latest backups, you can also restore / restore chat in the past. Note before you try to restore / restore messages:
- The current chat history will be lost in the recovery process.
- Files are backed up only for the last 7 days.
- All new messages sent / received after the backup is done, and deleted before the next backup cannot be restored.
- If you run a backup manually, this backup replaces the most recent automatic backup file.
- On the latest devices, your WhatsApp / Database folder can usually be found in the phone’s internal memory.
- Buddy must use the same phone number on WhatsApp as the number used when backing up chat history.
How to Backup and Restore Manually
If you don’t want to reinstall but want to restore a chat that was accidentally deleted, then you should routinely do a manual backup (note: chat can only be restored if deleted after the backup is done). It is quite troublesome (even annoying), but this will be useful when you need data in the conversation.
If you feel there is an important chat, do a manual backup to avoid the risk of data loss.
How to backup manually
To do this, you first need to have a file manager application, which is used to find locations and rename backup files. If so, the way is as follows:
Open WhatsApp >> press the Menu Button (on some devices you can press three dotted vertical lines in the upper right corner of the screen) >> choose settings / settings >> select Chat Settings / Chat Settings >> Select Backup conversation / Backup Conversation.
This manual backup file will be saved as “msgstore.db.crypt7” or “msgstore.db.crypt8” in the / sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases folder (This folder can be found in the phone’s internal memory or external memory, according to the cellphone type).
Rename / change the file name using your file explorer, it should be saved with the date format and followed by crypt7 or crypt8 (depending on the backup process you can name which file) or match your wishes as long as you remember. A different file name will make it easier for my friend when doing the recovery / restore chat.
How to Restore a Manual
To be able to restore / restore a chat from a manual backup, you have to do the following steps:
- Delete WhatsApp or delete WhatsApp application data (how to look at the beginning of the article)
- Select the backup file that you want to recover.
- Rename / rename the file from “your backup file name” to “msgstore.db.crypt7” or “msgstore.db.crypt8” (depending on the backup process you can name which file).
- Reinstall WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore the message, select Restore.
After that my friend can see the message that has been restored / restored. If you want to restore the recovery process as before restore, please change the name of the backup file to the previous name, and follow the first restore method.
Addendum : if you want to restore chat on your new smartphone, you just need to move the old microSD cellphone to the new cellphone, then do the restore as above. With a record SIM / number used is still the same.
Thus the naminakiky.com tutorial on How to Restore a Deleted Whatsapp Chat . What do you think friend? Have you ever done it and succeeded, or found it difficult? please write in the comments column to share with naminakiky.com and other friends.